There has been quite a bit of discussion and confusion already around the upcoming Issue 24 on this November’s ballot.
The ballot language for Issue 24 states:
Shall Section 6.01 of the Charter of the City of Twinsburg be amended to place a further restriction on the 10-Mill limitation set forth in Section 2, Article XII of the Ohio Constitution by limiting City Council’s ability to generate revenue for all purposes of the municipality from the current 7 mills to 2 mills?
My goal is to get the FACTS out to the community as quickly as possible so residents can make an informed decision when they cast their ballot.
I will compile all reasonable questions and get factual answers and post them to my website and to Facebook as soon as possible.
I encourage questions from both sides of the issue.
Thanks in advance.
Submitted / Answered Questions:
- If Issue 24 Passes Will It Defund the Police?
- What is the City’s Surplus? Can’t We Just Buy a Firetruck?
- Why Not Use Inside Millage to Purchase a Fire Truck?
- Why Doesn’t the City Just Sell the Golf Course?
- Do Other Cities Have Inside Millage? Is It Common?
- How Much Will Property Taxes Go Up?
- Can the City Sell the Golf Business To Pay the Clubhouse Debt?
- If Issue 24 Fails, Will Police and Fire Get More Money?
- If Issue 24 Is About Police and Fire Why Doesn’t The Ballot Say That?
- Property Tax, Twinsburg Schools, Police, Fire and the MetroParks
- Historical Use of Millage in Twinsburg
- Twinsburg Had a Huge Surplus – Where Did Our Money Go?